Background

Monday, October 10, 2011

Red Velvet Yummy-ness

Today was a good day. I woke up before my alarm and wasn't tired at all! It's been a long time since I've felt like that. I also didn't have contracts this morning so I got to sleep in which was a major factor in me not being tired :-)

My left ear has been stopped-up since yesterday and it's driving me crazy because it's giving me really bad vertigo. Yesterday was miserable, and I really thought I was going to throw up a few different times. Today wasn't as bad, but it's still annoying. I took a decongestant that will hopefully fix my problem- right now everyone sounds like a robot in my left ear.

We had a "Called to the Bar" lecture today about how prone lawyers are to alcoholism and drug abuse. That was really uplifting (In case you couldn't tell, that was sarcasm). It was interesting to get to hear some people's stories that had recovered, and happy endings are always nice. What was more interesting though was getting to hear from one of the most infamous lawyers in the state of Alabama. He's a Cumberland grad that went down a VERY bad path and landed himself two felony convictions. Here's a little info about his story. I'm happy to say though, that he's served his time, has found a job, is working with the Alabama Bar to educate other lawyers about the dangers of drugs and alcohol, and seems to be turning his life around completely.

Speaking of addiction- Megan and I have been baking like crazy ever since we moved here. Today I made these cookies to celebrate Kiyoshi's MCAT score that he gets back tomorrow:


Well, they WERE supposed to be celebration cookies, but he came over today so I let him have some before he actually got his score because I know he did wonderfully. Also, that's not my picture. I borrowed the picture form the website that has the SUPER easy recipe for the cookies!

They're very yummy, and as I said, super simple to make.

Dralion by Cirque du Soleil was PHENOMENAL. I highly recommend it to everyone! Kiyoshi really liked it too, during intermission he kept asking me why we had to wait so long for the show to keep going. I'm glad he liked his anniversary present :-)

Which reminds me! My cousin Tyler and his girlfriend Elizabeth just got engaged! I'm SO happy for them! I knew they were going to get married, I just didn't know when.

Now I'm going to do my Civ Pro reading that I COMPLETELY forgot about until just now and then go to bed!

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment