Background

Friday, October 21, 2011

The Snowball Effect

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. I don't really have a reason why other than I forgot or was too lazy.

Monday is our next Contracts test so Grace and I are back in study mode this weekend. We actually started early and studied some last night. Not to be overly-confident, but we ROCKED the last test. I got a 9/10 and she got a 10/10. I think it's safe to say we're both happy with our grades, and I feel confident that if I had FINISHED my test, I would've gotten that last point. We didn't tell anyone about our grades because we didn't want people to want to study with us, but that plan backfired because somehow some people found out about my grade anyway. It's hard to say no to someone asking for help, but Grace and I have a system worked out and don't want to have to worry about it being compromised by the addition of more people.

I think I've figured out the biggest difference between undergrad and law school for me. It's kind of a snowball effect- the longer a snowball rolls, the bigger it gets. I'll try to explain. In undergrad, all the courses were pretty much on the same level the whole year. You learned new things, but the concepts didn't necessarily get harder as the year went on. Obviously they got harder when you went from a 200 to a 300 level course, but within that one course, all of the material was about the same.

In law school it's very different. I guess it's more like math. You have to learn one concept before you can understand the next. If you don't understand one concept, it's going to be impossible to understand the next. Instead of learning a bunch of material that's on one level, each new topic builds on the last and the material gets harder throughout the year.

If that doesn't make sense, I apologize and I'll try again later- but right now I'm really tired and want to take a nap before my last class, so I believe I will :-)

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment